Editor’s Note: This article was previously posted on November 19, 2020 on the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership website.
As a part of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), 14 South Bend – Elkhart regionally-based entrepreneurship support organizations (ESOs) met virtually to share information and latest activities with one another to foster a more transparent and effective network of support for local entrepreneurs. Each organization shared their valuable service offerings, including access to capital, individualized coaching, and mentorship.
Between the 14 organizations represented, hundreds of aspiring and established business owners have been served, primarily in Elkhart, Marshall, and St. Joseph County in 2020. Despite the challenges COVID19 has presented business owners in the region, organizations like the ones listed below have worked tirelessly to bring funding and resources to small businesses and tech companies alike, with the goal of advancing new company formation, keeping doors open, maintaining staff, and curbing the economic strain many are feeling.
- 1 Million Cups
- Elevate Ventures
- Greater Elkhart Chamber Of Commerce
- IDEA Center At University Of Notre Dame
- Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC)
- Latin American Chamber Of Commerce (LACC)
- Regional Innovation And Startup Education (RISE)
- SCORE North Central Indiana
- Startup South Bend – Elkhart At South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership
- South Bend Entrepreneurship And Adversity Program
- Startup Moxie Elkhart County
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative And SPARK At Saint Mary’s College
GEW helps celebrate, understand, support and connect entrepreneurs and those who champion them from all across the world with 180 countries participating, 20,000 partners, and 40,000 activities taking place between November 16-22, 2020. This is the first year the South Bend – Elkhart region has participated in GEW, and it’s the only region from the State of Indiana to take part.